Position # JPF03306
The University of California, San Diego, Department of Bioengineering invites applications for tenure track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level. These positions are Tenure Track faculty positions with membership in the Academic Senate.
Candidates will be expected to teach courses in one or more of the Department’s undergraduate majors, which include Bioengineering, Bioengineering/Biotechnology, Bioengineering/BioSystems and Bioengineering/Bioinformatics, undergraduate degree majors and in our graduate degree programs.
- POSITION OVERVIEW
Position title: Assistant Professor of Bioengineering.
- APPLICATION WINDOW
Open date: September 14, 2022
Next review date: Friday, Oct 21, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Aug 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
- POSITION DESCRIPTION
The University of California, San Diego, Department of Bioengineering, invites applications for tenure track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level. The Department of Bioengineering is part of the Jacobs School of Engineering and is committed to building an excellent, diverse, and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body.
Our professors teach courses in UC San Diego’s Bioengineering, Bioengineering/Biotechnology, Bioengineering/BioSystems and/or Bioengineering/Bioinformatics undergraduate degree majors and graduate degree programs. All faculty are expected to establish a vigorous program of high-quality federally funded bioengineering research that focuses on engineering approaches to biological or biomedical problems, understanding the design principles and developing engineering models of living systems, experimental investigations of dynamics of living systems, integration across multiple scales from molecule to organism, design, and use of next-generation clinical, translational, therapeutic, diagnostic and/or biotechnology approaches.
In addition to the highest standards of scholarship, teaching, and professional activity, our faculty demonstrate accomplishments in areas contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a desire to participate in the School's diversity initiatives.
We are expecting to recruit exceptional individuals to maintain preeminence in the development of bioengineering sciences, methods and technologies with:
- Expertise and deep engineering background in genomic, molecular, cellular, organismal and/or integrative analysis and design, in areas such as, but not limited to; biomechanics, biotransport, systems biology, genomic technologies, tissue engineering, medical imaging or biosensors;
- A strong research interest in bringing engineering approaches to human diseases and innovative solutions to biomedical or biotechnology applications; and
- The ability to develop synergistic interactions with researchers in the School of Medicine, related UC San Diego departments, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, and/or neighboring institutions.
Candidates with experience or willingness to engage in activities that contribute to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply. For further information about contributions to diversity statements, see http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html and http://soeadm.ucsd.edu/ppi/academic_personnel/diversity/docs/C2D_Expectations.pdf.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
- Candidates must have advanced to PhD candidacy (or equivalent degree) in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or related Bioengineering field at time of application.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
- Candidates must have a PhD in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or related Bioengineering field by the start date of the position.
- Candidates with postdoctoral experience and a track record of research excellence are preferred.
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03306
Help contact: email@example.com