Cell Engineering Research Center - CERC
Satellite Core to the Molecular and Cellular Medicine Stem Cell Research Laboratory and an IEM Core Facility.
The CERC is the product of a California Institute for Regenerative Medicine grant for a Shared Research Facility located at UCSD. The objective is mammalian cell research achieved through interdisciplinary collaborations at UCSD and its surrounding institutions. The funding for this core facility meets the current guidelines for human stem cell research. The CERC is perhaps the only mammalian cell research core laboratory located entirely in a School of Engineering.
Use of the laboratory is restricted to UCSD faculty, guest faculty, and other pre-authorized scientists and engineers from neighboring institutions.
- Only mammalian cells are permitted to enter the CERC
- Access will only be granted to laboratories at Biological Safety Level 2, and it is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to provide verification of his or her Biological Safety Level approval
- Each Principal Investigator agrees to include CERC room numbers (EBU 1 rooms 5307, 5311, 5313, 5315 and 5319) to his or her Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) Biological Use Authorization (BUA) or equivalent authorization from their Institution [NOTE: non-UCSD investigators are subject to UCSD EH&S approval and are also required to enter into a UCSD Service agreement. For more information about UCSD service agreements, please go here: https://blink.ucsd.edu/buy-pay/contract-svcs/service-agreements/index.html]
- Each Principal Investigator agrees his or her laboratory personnel have met all current EH&S requirements for research laboratory training certification for proper laboratory safety practices and are properly trained. If requested, PI’s also agree to provide training certification copies that meet all current UCSD EH&S laboratory safety requirements. Current requirements include: Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), biohazards, bloodborne pathogens, general lab and chemical training
- Access cards are issued to each laboratory person granted facility access; any sharing of cards is prohibited
- The CERC autoclave is for sterilization purposes only. No other use of the autoclave is allowed
- No food or beverages will be permitted in facility
- No radioisotopes will be permitted in the facility
- Each Principal Investigator agrees to pay for services billed by the CERC
- Twenty fours hours notice is required for cancellation of reservations of CERC facilities for proper cancellation of recharge billing. Cancellation notices less than 24 hours or no shows will be billed as usage.
Signature and Date : _________________________________________________________________
Printed Name: ______________________________________________________________________