APPLICATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED ANYTIME BUT MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DATE BY AT LEAST 1 MONTH
- Students may request awards up to $500.
- Awards are distributed as reimbursements. The department will ONLY reimburse:
- Economy class flights
- Conference registration expenses
- Reimbursement shall only be made upon submission of original receipts and Takeaway Report requirement is received by department.
Note: Preference will be given to presentation of research in well-established conferences, symposia, or festivals with substantial attendance (e.g. those sponsored by professional societies/associations).
- Must be a current undergraduate Bioengineering student in good standing
- Applicant must be presenting a talk or poster on their research OR an officer of a department sponsored organization (BMES, ISPE, EWH, GMBE) attending the organization’s national conference
- We will consider other travel requests but they will require special exception.
- Applications must be received at least ONE MONTH prior to the conference registration date.
- A student may ONLY be awarded up to $500 per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Only one award per student per academic year.
- Cost of side trips unrelated to the conference will not be reimbursed.
- Canceled trips must be reported promptly to allow for redistribution of funds.
- If partial support is available from other sources, this information must be provided upon submission of the application.
Important: If awarded, student will be reimbursed after their Takeaway Report is submitted and after firstname.lastname@example.org has received requested supporting documents (see Reimbursement below).
- HOW TO APPLY
Before submitting an application, we ask that applicant first reach out to their PI for travel expense support and provide a copy of this correspondence if requested by department.
- Complete the online application form HERE.
Applications will be reviewed by a faculty member and students will be notified within 2 weeks of submission whether their request is funded.
- REIMBURSEMENT (IF AWARDED)
Important: If awarded, student will be reimbursed after their Takeaway Report is submitted and after email@example.com has received requested supporting documents.
If awarded AND ONLY AFTER receiving the department email notification of award, student will submit supporting documents in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “BE Undergrad Travel Award_LAST NAME_First Name”.
Supporting documents required:
- Airfare quote or receipt (USD)
- Coach airfare is the ONLY acceptable type of airfare
- Hotel quote or receipt (USD) Conference registration fee receipt
- Copy of completed conference registration form showing all fees
- Program listing your name and title of paper, or the organizer’s letter accepting your paper on the program
- Completed and Signed Student Certification for Business-Related Travel